I am so excited to begin this school year with all of you!
Because last year ended unexpectedly and we didn’t get to have auditions as usual, I’ve placed you in choir classes according to grade levels and/or the preferences you sent me in May. If you have questions or concerns about which choir(s) you are in, let us know!
As of right now Putnam City classes are virtual. The district is not allowing in-person rehearsals for indoor activities, and we appreciate our administration’s desire to protect us all. I am SO looking forward to the time when singing together in person will be safer, but in the meantime, we are still going to have some version of choir and keep making music.
Here’s what you can expect in choir as the year begins:
- - “Live” choir rehearsals using a virtual platform
- - Rehearsal recordings to practice with at your convenience
- - OkMEA all-state auditions (virtual)
- - Solo & Ensemble preparation
- - Concert & performance opportunities (virtual and/or in-person, depending on
school and safety guidelines)
- - Choir t-shirts for performances (using last year’s design)
- - Working on wonderful music, and using it to improve as singers and as musicians
The beginning of this school year is going to look very different, but I know it can still be a wonderful experience! There is so much we can do together while we are apart. Thank you for your patience and your positivity as we start this new year. I can’t wait to see you next week!
Ms. Gina Matlock